ANUP SINGH was born in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, East Africa. He graduated in literature and philosophy from the Bombay University. He is a student of the Film & TV Institute of India, Pune, graduating in direction in 1986. He now lives & works in Geneva, Switzerland.
Anup Singh’s first short, “Lasya – The Gentle Dance” (1988) won the Hauptpreis at the Oberhausen Festival, Germany. His first feature, “The Name of a River” (2001) was awarded the Aravindan Award for best debut filmmaker in India. His second feature “Qissa – The Tale of a Lonely Ghost”(2013) premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the award for “Best Asian film” (NETPAC). One of the most critically acclaimed films of the last 3 years, it has won 15 international awards to date. Anup Singh is now completing his next film, The Song of Scorpions, starring Irrfan Khan, the Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani and Waheeda Rehman.
Anup Singh has taught and lectured on cinema at numerous universities and film schools in the UK, India and Switzerland.
This exclusive workshop will cover :
1. Inception – The Rhythms of an Idea
2. Evolution – The Working Space, Frame, Composition & Time
3. Expansion – The Discipline & the Play with Actors
4. Synthesis — The Imagination of the Film
Only 20 Seats In Total
Date : Monday, May 23rd | 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Venue: Courtyard by Marriott,
90 Biscayne Cres,
IMPORTANT NOTE :
- Ticket can be downloaded from the links provided at the end of Order Received Page after the completion of transaction
- Ticket will also be emailed. Do not forget to check the spam folders. Ticketing system may not send e-ticket to hotmail, live or outlook accounts
- Send us email at email@example.com in case you have an issue