INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF SOUTH ASIA – TORONTO being run by Punjabi International Film Festival Inc. (‘Festival’) understands how important your privacy is. We are committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect about you.
Festival collects various types of personal information. We may collect any of the following:
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our events, including when you submit films or other art for inclusion in any of festival events or programs, seek credentials, special access or privileges regarding a festival event or program. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information.
- Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from us such as tickets for a festival event or for one of our festival partners’ events, or products from the online shop. We also obtain this information from you when who become a festival member or patron.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our on-line or other meeting spaces, blogs or forums. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information. The personal information you provide to us when participating in our meeting spaces, blogs or forums may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests, sweepstakes or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our web site. This personal information might include your name, member/buyer identification, e-mail address, phone number and, in the case of our web site, your password and computer information.
- Your personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided they have agreed to obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to us.
- Photographs, motion pictures and videos taken of you in public areas at festival events.
- Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web site. This information is collected from your computer’s Web browser to enhance your experience on our web site and may include your IP address, operating system, Web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer Web site.
- Personal information you may provide to us when applying for a job or volunteer position with festival. Once we have identified information that has been submitted to us for such an application, we store it in a secure environment that is not shared or used other than for our staffing and administrative purposes.
Festival may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
- To provide products and services to you, to inform you of screening changes and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase, to bill you when you make a purchase from us, to acknowledge your support or donation and to provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To provide you with services or recognition you request.
- To administer your submissions and applications for our programs and events. When you register to become a member of festival we use your information to create and manage your member account.
- For marketing purposes. We may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events or providing other marketing information to you. Promotional e-mails are intended to inform you of new or unique opportunities, events or special deals that are available from festival. You can opt not to receive these emails from us by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email when you receive it.
- To improve our service offerings. We monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and web site visitors so that we can improve them.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for our visitors and employees.
- To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- Photographic, video and film cameras are only used to (a) protect festival., its customers and employees against security issues, including potential violations of civil and or criminal laws and (b) for our marketing purposes with respect to festival events and services.
- We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with your membership, donations, viewing your purchase(s).
Festival does not sell or rent any personal information we collect. Festival may disclose some personal information we collect to service providers who help us provide personalized content and advertising to you.
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of our control.